Past Announcement (03 Jan 2022)
Higan-e Ceremony (21 - 27 Mar 2022) Toba application is now open
Announcement on 03 January 2022:
APPLICATION OF HIGAN-E TOBA 2022
21 MARCH - 27 MARCH
Higan-e will be conducted for one week from Monday 21 March to Sunday 27 March.
From Monday 21 March to Saturday 26 March, the service will be held three times a day. On Sunday 27 March, four services will be held.
- Number of ceremonies, number of attendances per ceremony and whether Shoko is allowed might change or be cancelled depending on the Covid 19 situation and prevailing government announcements.
- The Toba will be erected throughout the day on which applicant chooses. Therefore, Applicants are asked to choose their preferred date only on the Toba application form.
- Toba application form can be submitted to the reception counter.
- Applicants can join the ceremony on their preferred timing in the designated session by registering through Go-Kaimyoin later.
- The maximum number of applications for Toba is:
- 400 per day (First come, first served) on Weekdays
- 750 per day (First come, first served) on Weekends
- The deadline for application is Sunday 13 February.
- There is no 30-minute chanting after the morning and evening gongyo during the Higan-e ceremony week.
Believers who are interested to attend ceremony/gongyo in person may register via GoKaimyo seat booking platform: https://gokaimyo.nsba.sg/
For believers who are unable to secure a seat, you are warmly encouraged to continue joining Gongyo and Shodaikai via Facebook livestream.
Detailed breakdown of livestream schedule can be found here.